Saturday, June 4, 2011

Disconcerting

Okay, second post in the same day. But I'm making up for months of nothing!

Have you ever read something that made you feel a little uneasy? Or maybe just question why?

Today I made chocolate chip cookies, yay! On the bag of chocolate chips, it said "All Natural" in big bold letters on the front of the package.

So, why is it so important that we tell people that this bag of chocolate chips is all natural? I always assumed there was nothing unnatural in my chocolate chips, no matter what the brand. Now should I go around looking at my chocolate chip ingredients looking for unnatural aspects of chocolate? I know many a chocolate lover who would say that chocolate is perfect the way it is and nothing needs to be added.

So the question remains: why is "all natural" a selling point for chocolate chips?

No comments:

Post a Comment